Installing - ffxivmc.plugin

• Hello,

I play on Lamia as well and wanted to use the market plugin you have to help keep the prices updated, but I don't know its installed correctly or how to even tell.

Can you help me Icehunter, please?

• Market plugin??? I never made one o.O

Where is it?

• You are listed as a contributor here https://github.com/monofuel/ffxivapp-ffxivmc-plugin
    it is used on this website apparently https://japura.net/ffxivmc

• Ah I see!

That's because he/she forked my sample plugin, renamed the items and made one of their own but I personally did not know about this one.

I would suggest making some bug reports on that github repo.

• Oh wow, someone found my project! lamia rocks. I stopped working on it when my job got busy, but I've been working on a newer (much nicer) backend recently. Unfortunately it seems the ffxivapp plugin doesn't work anymore, I"m not sure if maybe i broke something or if ffxivapp can't read the network properly, i'll need to investigate.

• @monofuel said in Installing - ffxivmc.plugin:

Oh wow, someone found my project! lamia rocks. I stopped working on it when my job got busy, but I've been working on a newer (much nicer) backend recently. Unfortunately it seems the ffxivapp plugin doesn't work anymore, I"m not sure if maybe i broke something or if ffxivapp can't read the network properly, i'll need to investigate.

I actually haven't had the time to update the memory module and haven't been able to play in about 10-12 months. I'm going to try to get back in once work dies down and get everything updated ><; It's been too long.

• I did a little bit of debugging, It might just be funnyness on my machine, I updated to windows 10 since i last worked on my plugin. It seems WinPcapWrapper.GetAllDevices() is not returning all of my devices, So it can't start capturing. It's only returning one device out of the 4 interfaces i have, and I don't recognize the one it is returning. I also tried running without pcap, however it seems that GetXIVServerIPList() always returns an empty list for me. I'll need to see if i can't reproduce the issue on another computer, and maybe dive into debugging those 2 functions.

bah, work! always getting in the way of fun projects. Hopefully i can work a bit on my new ffxivmc website (this time as a go appengine app rather than nodejs on my vps) and have something useable this weekend, i just need to wire up a few more api endpoints and clean up some code.

• Making progress on rebuilding my site. got a new page setup to show the price of all crafting shards, to make sure my api is working: https://ffxivmc-1361.appspot.com/?pane=shard

I can't seem to get my plugin working with ffxivapp since the last maintenance, probably will need to fiddle with things.

• Wow wasn't expecting a reply to this topic, but glad to see progress is being made! Not sure if FFXIV App is even working anymore nowadays.

• Whew, i need to work on the site some more, lots of things to do. Been distracted by another side-project.

I kinda got it to work a few months ago, however ffxiv had to be ran in dx9 mode and i had to fiddle with some settings in ffxivapp.

But for something a bit more stable, I managed to get a simple stand-alone program working in golang using gopacket for catching market data.

• Looking forward to seeing this app in action. I noticed it's not got the new servers in which makes me a sad panda.

• Sorry, I've probably been juggling too many projects lately.

I wasn't been able to get network parsing to work reliably for ffxiv with ffxivapp (it depends a lot on what version of windows you are on and if you are running the dx9 or dx11 version of ffxiv, why are computers so hard) and I don't have my alternate stand alone program working that reliably either. I was also running into issues developing locally with the google datastore emulator being insanely slow with some queries that are normally fast in production.

I got distracted working on similar tools for EVE online, which was a bit easier since it has a public API.

I see on github that ffxivapp got some updates in the past month, I should visit this again and try to get things working again.

(I'm also looking for more ffxiv friends to play with, for more motivation!)

Looks like your connection to FFXIVAPP was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.